Thursday, December 25, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
It will be an indoor carpet track with jumps and obstacles for Slashes and the 1/18th scale offroad vehicles like RC18s and Vendettas. Looking like a couple of us might be trying this out. I still need to get some parts to convert my RC18R but should be fun!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
It is with much regret that I pass along news of one of our Member's leaving the country for an extended amount of time. In his short time with us, Armand has become a valued member of the local RC community, and a great guy to share this awesome hobby of our's with. He has been a stand up member of the BAPRC Club, and his presence will be missed.
But hey, it's not like he'll be that far away - with today's technology, it'll be easy to keep in contact with him and trade stories about what's going on here, as well as Indonesia (where he is headed).
With all this said, please join us at the "Toys 4 Tot's Race" at NorCal Dec. 20 as it will be his final RC event for quite awhile with the Northern California Crew. He'll even be donating a brand spankin' new RC vehicle to be raffled off to help cover the cost of a track tarp.
If you haven't had a chance to meet him in person, you'll get one more shot at it. Hope to see you all there, and let's all wish Armand the best of luck in the next chapter of his life!
Got something to say? Join the discussion!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
View Larger Map
Check out this thread for more information.
A few of us were there last Sunday and watched it being built (and even contributed a little bit to the effort). The current plan is to have this track be a little more "wild" than the current version (which is tailored for the Traxxas Slash). It even has a slick "over/under" feature which the Slash clears easily. Whether races will be held on it or not, is still to be determined - however, when asked about this, a NorCal "official" stated that he "definitely wants to hold races on it". Stay tuned for more details!
Got something to add? Join the discussion!
Friday, December 5, 2008
I wanted to share an exciting bit of news with you about an upcoming event that will benefit many kids this Holiday Season. Our good friend, John Hicks, at NorCal Hobbies had the following to say regarding this event:
Its that time of year again,and Norcal Hobbies will be throwing another Toys-4-Tots race this month. Norcal had a really nice participation last year for these races, and is hoping to have even better participation this year - all for a great cause. NorCal will have 2 seperate race dates for Onroad and Offroad.
The 1st date is Saturday Dec. 20th for the offroad portion of these races. Due to race conflicts with other venues,we wanted to make sure we have a greater chance of participation by all for this worthy cause.
The 2nd date will be Sunday Dec 21st for the Carpet portion of the Toys-4-Tots race.
Race fees are 15.00 plus a Toy for your 1st entry. 2nd entry is $5 and anything after is free! This will be a fun race that helps alot of children in need locally.Please mark these dates down and Norcal Hobbies hopes to see you all there.
Monday, December 1, 2008
For those of you who have been drooling over Associated's line of 1/8 scale cars and trucks and wished they made electric counterparts, your wish has been granted! (sort of).
From Team Associated:
"The new Team Associated e-Conversion Kit has been designed for the RC8, RC8T, and SC8 to be easily and neatly converted from nitro to electric power. The e-Conversion is a well thought-out, practical design that has been engineered to work as an integral part of the chassis. Enjoying the awesome power and convenience of LiPos in your SC8, RC8 or RC8T has never been easier!
AE e-Conversion kit features:
* Rigid one-piece motor mount utilizes standard motor screw mounting pattern
* Large speed control mounting area raised off of chassis to allow for easy screw mounting of common speed controllers
* Speed control mounting area includes convenient switch-mounting boss
* Utilizes 3 hook-and-loop straps to secure LiPo batteries into battery tray
* Molded Battery tray supports 7.4-14.8V battery packs with room for foam pads
* Accepts two ROAR-approved 1:10 scale size 7.4v LiPo battery packs (#703 Reedy LiPo 5000 PRO (2), #704 Reedy LiPo 5000 w/connector (2), #705 Reedy LiPo 3200 w/connector (2), #709 Reedy LiPo 5000 35C (2))
* New sealed receiver box for proper electronics placement
* Receiver, Servo, and battery tray remove from car in one piece for easy maintenance and cleaning
* Easy bolt-in chassis installation requires no modifications!
* Convenient wire routing keeps critical electronic wires out of drivetrain components and simplifies disassembly
* Includes two pinion gears (15T, 16T) and two spur gears (46T & 50T)
* Comes with all needed hardware to mount components onto chassis
* Motor, ESC, and batteries are not included
* RC8 conversion requires RC8e body #89523
Have a comment? Join the discussion!