Wednesday, February 20, 2008

RC Lifestyle: RC'ing in Napa!



Last weekend while staying in Napa with my girlfriend, I got the chance to kick up some dust in the back lot of a winery. Needless to say, I have a pretty awesome girl who understands and supports my hobby (and even gets into it herself here and there!).

I couldn't have asked for nicer weather and (FINALLY) got a chance to get my RC18T and RC18MT a little muddy ;) While the lot was pretty flat, there were a few obstacles to keep it somewhat interesting and by being a little creative, I was able to make a ramp out of a few rocks and a scrap of wood....Hey, at least I was able to get a little bit 'o air!

If you ever find yourself in Napa, be sure to bring your RC gear as there are plenty of places for you to pull over, strap in your batteries, and go. Oh, and do yourself a favor and do NOT miss out on the V.Sattui winery. They have plenty of delicious wine to choose from and an awesome little cafe/BBQ(on nice weather days) with lots of room to picnic. It was definitely the highlight of our trip.


No comments: